Participants will receive First Aid Responder certificate which is valid for 2 years.
(COVID 19 Update 7th January 2021 – Days 1 & 2 will be delivered online using the Zoom platform until further notice, Day 3 classroom based and will be scheduled at a later date, after restrictions lifted.)
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to become a First Aid Responder. To ensure the understanding required to provide and coordinate first aid in the workplace in compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
- Assessments – Primary and Secondary
- Incident Procedure – emergency calls, scene safety, infection control.
- Cardiac First Response -Heart Attack, CPR, Use of AED, Choking
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management /Shock -Shock, bleeding, musculoskeletal injuries,
- The Unconscious Patient
- Burn and Electrical Injury
- Abnormal Body Temperature – hyperthermia, hypothermia
- Information Management – patient handover, care reports
- Communications – consent, empathy, communicating with children
- Well Being of the First Aid Responder – critical incident stress
8 max per group
For further information contact
Call 053 9239383 or email email@example.com